21st International Farm Management Congress Call for Papers & Website Update
Call for Papers and EOI for Workshops
The Call for Papers has been published on the IFMA21 Website under the “Want-to-present-something?” tab.
On this page you will find links to the Call for Papers & Posters, their Specifications, and the Call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) in holding Workshops.
The main theme of the Congress is “Future Farming Systems”.
As is usual for our Congresses there are a number of sub themes, for IFMA21 these are:
- Knowledge & information (KPIs, benchmarking, big data, decision-making tools)
- Technology (robotics, other new technologies, traditional farm equipment)
- Labour force of the future (family farmers, employed managers, farm workers, migrant workers, young entrants, succession, influences of the family)
- Financing the farm business (share farming, contract farming, non-farming investors)
- Entrepreneurship (Diversification & adding value)
- Part time and small scale farming
- Large scale and agribusiness
- The role of policy in defining future farming systems
- Working with global and local markets (resilient farming businesses, global food security, international trade agreements, negotiating best prices for inputs and outputs)
The Organising Committee is looking for papers (peer and non-peer reviewed) and posters around the main theme that specifically address one or more of the sub themes.
It should be stressed that the Congress Organisers are very keen to encourage “applied” or “practical” papers (i.e. not refereed) as these are a major focus of the Congress. Interestingly some academics have in past years chosen to submit papers in the non-refereed category.
Posters are also welcomed on the Congress sub-themes.
Please see the documents for specifications of the papers and posters and the process for submitting papers and also note that the last date for submission is 10th February 2017, and also the rules regarding registration and attendance.
IFMA21 Congress Website Update
In addition to the Call for Papers the Congress Website has had a number of updates recently.
This includes the outline of the Congress and of details of the 8 Field Trip options for the Tuesday and Thursday of the Congress. Please See under the Congress Tab for details.
More News is available in the News Column on the “Home” Page.
And under the “Tours” tab:
- The Pre Congress Tour has the outline of the interesting and varied mix of visits that will take place – the daily programme has yet to be finalised.
- The Post Congress Tour now has the daily programme of the Tour and contains an stimulating mix of farm, agribusiness, agri-research and heritage visits – description includes links to several of the visit websites.
- The Accompanying Person Programme and tours are still to come – but are due soon.